Monday 25 October 2010

Bullying; Unnacceptable for any reason

As stated in the title of this post, I believe that bullying is wrong an damaging regardless of the reasoning behind it.  Bullying in itself specifies that it is not any sort of justified reaction of self defense or discipline, but rather harassment, physical, verbal, and often worst of all psychological.  Especially in the event of physical bullying taking place on school property, there is absolutely no excuse for the school not to take action.  Ideally there would never be any instances of escalation to physical violation, but the unfortunate reality is that it often does happen.  Even non-physical can often be fatal, as seen in the news lately with the spree of teen suicides as a result of bullying, mostly for the sexuality of the victims.  I hope that I will live to see a time when this does not occur anymore, and for now I do everything that I can to help work towards that future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment